We are reopening our doors to Alan Tyler Opticians, Dorridge on 1st July!
Alan Tyler Acocks Green will be reopening on the 6th July.
Whilst the past few months have been very testing for us all, we are looking forward to being able to be of service to you all again.
We have undertaken a risk assessment of our practice and have made changes to conform with government guidance and practice standards issued by our professional bodies in relation to being COVID safe. These modifications will help us to maintain the safety of our patients and staff. These additional measures will naturally slow the pace at which we are able to work, therefore we ask for your patience during these unprecedented times.
Recently, we have been skilling and training our team on our revised protocols and the appropriate use of PPE, to ensure that we are ready to welcome you safely and comfortably.
With guidance we’ve taken from the government and our professional bodies’ guidelines, we are glad to announce that you can now book an appointment with us.
If you would like to make an appointment , then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or text us on 07511 285 273 and we will be happy to arrange a time and a date to see you. We now also have a member of staff onsite at Dorridge during the day so you can call 01564 772217 during business hours to speak to somebody in person.
Our associations are requesting us to prioritise our appointments. So, when booking, our staff will guide you through a simple triage to ascertain the necessity of your visit, as well as the type of appointment you require.
We look forward to welcoming you back and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us on the above number.
In order to meet the recommended COVID safety measures, we will be making changes to the way the practice operates when you attend your appointment, the following will provide you with an insight to how your visit to us will be:
• You will be met by a gatekeeper at the entrance to the practice who will ask you a series of COVID symptom related questions.
• The gatekeeper will than take your temperature to ensure it is less than 37.4 degrees Celsius.
• You will then be asked to sanitise your hands and put on your face covering prior to entering the practice.
• The gatekeeper will then explain your journey through the practice maintaining the 2-metre distance rule where possible and the need for the staff to wear PPE.
• Only the patient will be allowed to wait in the practice, unless you need a chaperone.
• You will note that all clinic staff will be dressed in appropriate PPE according to their role.
• Once you are called, you will then be accompanied to the consulting room for your appointment.
• More time will be allowed in-between appointments to avoid patient cross over and to allow for thorough cleaning of equipment in-between patients and change of PPE.
• Once your eye examination is completed, if you need glasses, you will be shown to the dispensing area via the 1-way practice flow markings.
• During you dispense, any frames that are handled will be thoroughly cleaned pre and post handling.
• Once you have completed your appointment time in the dispensing area, you will be guided to the reception desk.
• Any payment to be contactless or card please.
• Your hands will be sanitised prior to you leaving the practice.
Having watched the video and read the information as to how your visit will change, please be reassured that your safety is of paramount importance to us.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
My son Harry was devastated when the school suggested he should have his eyes tested. After asking around we were recommended to Alan Tyler's. From start to finish the staff and opticians put him at ease and made the experience fun. He loves his glasses and now sees what he has been missing!!! A big thank you to all of your staff.
I knew there was something wrong with my vision. Thanks to the new OCT machine, the trained Alan Tyler optician was able to highlight the problem in an instant.
We would like to thank ALL the staff at Alan Tyler Opticians for the superb and attentive service that we received on our recent visit to your shop. We have as usual been treated to faultless advice and support. With the friendly manner and professionalism you extend to all your customers we would not hesitate to recommend your service to others.
A big thank you to all the staff at Alan Tylers. After years of wearing varifocals and having to put up with distorted and limited vision I finally the vision I have always wanted with the new Varilux lenses that was advised by the dispenser. They are perfect.
A professional but enjoyable experience. The test was thorough, and the options of frames etc to suit are good. Any problems after are quickly and efficiently resolved. The whole process was a pleasure.