On bright and sunny days most adults wear sunglasses. How often do you see children wearing sunglasses?
It’s rare, we know and it’s not right.
Children need to learn why it’s so important for them to wear sunglasses. They need to protect their eyes even more that we do. We talk about the importance of wearing sunscreen, but do you talk to your children about the importance of protecting their eyes from UV RAYS.
We all have good intentions as adults. Of the 73% of adults that wear sunglasses, only 53% of them encourage their children to wear sunglasses.
You need to be persistent in getting them to keep them on. When you are on the beach or on the water your child’s eyes are exposed to significant sun exposure.
Here are some good tips to help you make wearing sunglasses a habit for your children:
* Model good sunglass wearing habits. Wear your glasses when you are outside, even on over cast days.
* Choose sunglasses that block 99-100% of UVA and UVB rays. Make sure that they reach British standards. Do not buy cheap glasses.
* Select polycarbonate lenses, theses take more wear and tear!
* Let you kids choose a frame they like. We will help you make that an exciting experience!!
* Let Mom or Dad be responsible for making sure you always have them with you.
* Follow these tips and you will help your child protect their eyes and instil positive habits for visual protection.
For more information about how you keep your children’s eyes safe in the sunshine, get in contact or book an appointment today.
My son Harry was devastated when the school suggested he should have his eyes tested. After asking around we were recommended to Alan Tyler's. From start to finish the staff and opticians put him at ease and made the experience fun. He loves his glasses and now sees what he has been missing!!! A big thank you to all of your staff.
I knew there was something wrong with my vision. Thanks to the new OCT machine, the trained Alan Tyler optician was able to highlight the problem in an instant.
We would like to thank ALL the staff at Alan Tyler Opticians for the superb and attentive service that we received on our recent visit to your shop. We have as usual been treated to faultless advice and support. With the friendly manner and professionalism you extend to all your customers we would not hesitate to recommend your service to others.
A big thank you to all the staff at Alan Tylers. After years of wearing varifocals and having to put up with distorted and limited vision I finally the vision I have always wanted with the new Varilux lenses that was advised by the dispenser. They are perfect.
A professional but enjoyable experience. The test was thorough, and the options of frames etc to suit are good. Any problems after are quickly and efficiently resolved. The whole process was a pleasure.